Monday, November 29, 2010

Secret Bird Meeting

I have a real full-time job now (!) and so I do things like drive to work every day. Now that I am driving all around, I see even more cool things. The main problem is that I am not always able to take a picture in time to capture the coolness that is occurring all around me. In this case, I was just leaving the parking lot at work and was able to stop momentarily to document this momentous event:

SECRET BIRD MEETING!!!!



That's right friends. All of those little black things in the grass and on the sidewalk are birds! There they are, 100 ft from my office, having a snack, shooting the shit and planning their unified worldwide attack on the human race.

I have known about these meetings for a while, but have yet to see them occur. I have seen the birds getting ready for them and I have obviously seen the Alfred Hitchcock movie, but this was a real-life experience!

Don't look at me like that. You know it's true. You've seen it coming all along in the beady eyes of songbirds, the creepy yellow irises of seagulls and the strangely poignant remarks of parrots. But don't worry -- they could never beat us alone. Now, if they formed a coalition with those devious squirrels, that would be another story.

1 comment:

  1. I find the gathering most frightening. Also, what a strange location for a secret bird meeting. There are no abandoned buildings anywhere in sight.

    ReplyDelete